Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Post-op

The op was on Monday andI only left hospital on Thursday. That's 5 days including Sunday. Discovery would throw a hissy fit if that happened here :-P.

My new ear didn't hurt, it was the 3 ribs that hurt. And they hurt A LOT!! That should be no reason to not have the op though!! The trick is to get out of bed the day after theatre. I walked to the cafeteria for some yummy French hot chocolate and also in the garden a little bit. I also sat in the recliner that was beside my bed ( good for the back which hurts because you sleep funny because of the rib pain).

The TV only had one channel (in French) even though the clinique's website said they had 28 including international channels. The hospital did have wifi (or weefee as they call it in France). It cost 6€ a day, which is worth it since it's uncapped! I could then skype and go on facebook on dad's tablet. Being the local bookworm though I spent a lot of time reading.

The nurses are great even though you speak half English half French, and don't give you attitude like some SA nurses I've had. The one nurse was grumpy sometimes, but I think it was because she was on nights that whole week.

Discharge was simple, and there were no long queues. And they ladies at the front also organised us a taxi so that we didn't have to take the métro back to our apartment :-)








Drains

No comments:

Post a Comment